Reducing single-use plastic at the local level | TEDxPortsmouth
Keith Tharp makes the quick case for how small, local efforts and organizations can combine to make a large impact.
PROTECTING THE PLACES WE LOVE
Our Mission: Eliminate single-use plastic at Seacoast restaurants and events.
We all prefer to frequent environmentally responsible restaurants.
Sustainable Seacoast uses the collective voice of our members to encourage restaurants to work with us to eliminate single-use plastic and improve sustainability.
We provide educational opportunities and organize community events where restaurants and members can collaborate, create solutions, and take action to eliminate single-use plastic. .
Please join us!
Become a Member and support like-minded, environmentally conscious businesses.
- Discounts at participating member restaurants
- Invitations to pop-up events at rotating member restaurants
- Invitations to members-only educational events
- Free/reduced costs to film screenings
- Access to a directory of member restaurants
- Access to networking opportunities with restaurants and other members
- All the warm fuzzies of knowing you’re making the world a better place!
What does it means to be a Restaurant Member? It takes dedication to sustainable practices.
A Commitment to:
- Reusable dinnerware for dine in guests
- No polystyrene and no plastic bags
- Proper recycling practices followed
- Straws & To-Go utensils ‘On demand’ only
- If bio-plastics are offered, commercial composting service and receptacles must be provided
- Commit to continue working on sustainability practices and Next Step Opportunities
- Patron Member perk: ie. high fives, hugs, exclusives, or discounts
The Latest News
Community, environment, movement
Head over to our blog to learn more about Sustainable Seacoast and our members in the community.
Sustainable Seacoast Launch Party Details! July 31st from 6 - 9:00pm at 3S ARTSPACE in Portsmouth! Here are all the reasons to get excited! We cant wait to thank all of our members in person! Do you know someone who'd enjoy going? Forward this to your...read more
We've all heard this or similar questions throughout our lives, often they come from within, and they always come up when the stakes are high and the challenge is large. On a recent trip to Central America the severity of our plastic pollution crisis was present in...read more